First, let us extend our kudos to the Giants brass for FINALLY increasing the quantity amount for the bobblehead giveaways. Not sure what took so long, but those long lines where fans would lineup hours in advance were uncalled for and absolutely ridiculous, especially for those that had little young ones inline too.
Okay, by now the true die-hards have already reviewed the 2013 Giants promotional schedule, and I'm sure most of them have even penciled in their calendar which games they must attend. So, as we did last year we're gonna rank the ones that will probably have the most appeal and demand.
The Must-Haves: Put anything with Posey's name on it, and fans will want it! A replica World Series ring will also be in high-demand, the LA Kings recently had a replica ring giveaway and those are selling on eBay for around $100!!! Yup, the rings will be huge! A snow globe in April?! Slap on the World Champions logo, and those will be in demand especially when only 20K are available. Gnomes? Those were probably more popular last year than the bobbleheads - expect long lines for the Romo and Lincecum gnome giveaways. And for the giveaway that started all of the hype related to promo events, the bobbleheads will always be popular. Especially for first-timer Ryan Vogelsong ... Zito will have his second Giants bobblehead (first one was in 2007) hard to believe that it's taken six years for his second bobble head, but he did have a rough start with the club, but after last year's NLCS game 5 performance he's a legend now. Kudos to Zito!
- Buster Posey NL MVP Bobblehead, First 40,000 fans (Saturday, April 6 v. Cardinals)
- Giants World Series Replica Ring, First 40,000 fans (Sunday, April 7 v. Cardinals)
- Giants World Champions Snow Globe, First 20,000 fans (Tuesday, April 9 v. Colorado)
- Sergio Romo Gnome, First 20,000 fans (Sunday, May 5 v. Los Angeles)
- Giants Announcers Bottle Stopper, First 20,000 fans (Saturday, May 11 v. Atlanta)
- Barry Zito Bobblehead, First 40,000 fans (Sunday, May 26 v. Colorado)
- Ryan Vogelsong Bobblehead, First 40,000 fans (Saturday, June 22 v. Florida)
- Tim Lincecum Gnome, First 20,000 fans (Saturday, Sept. 7 v. Arizona)
Cool, I want one: These items feature some of the standard items, shirts, towels, fedora and banner. However, a few new ones are on the schedule too, such as the license plate frame, headphones, and sombrero. Again, anything with the World Champs logo will be in demand, and then the intrigue of some new giveaways will also increase demand.
- Giants World Champions Banner, First 20,000 fans (Sunday, April 21 v. San Diego)
- Giants World Champions License Plate Frame, First 20,000 fans (Saturday, May 4 v. Los Angeles)
- Giants World Champions Beach Towel, First 20,000 fans (Sunday, June 23 v. Florida)
- Giants Headphones, First 20,000 fans (Saturday, July 20 v. Arizona)
- Angel Pagan Knit Beanie, First 20,000 fans (Saturday, July 27 v. Chicago)
- Marco Scutaro T-Shirts, First 20,000 fans (Sunday, July 28 v. Chicago)
- Giants Plaid Fedora, First 20,000 fans (Saturday, Aug. 24 v. Pittsburgh)
- Giants Orange Sombrero, First 20,000 fans (Saturday, Sept. 7 v. Arizona)
Eh, I'll take one, but I won't wait in line for it: These items are standard on almost every promo schedule, the calendar, magnet schedule, adjustable cap, cards and drawstring backpack. The umbrella sounds cool, but it's probably one of those small ones that will fall apart with one strong wind gust. The charm necklace ... ehh, not for us either.
- Opening Day Calendars, First 40,000 fans (Friday, April 5 v. St. Louis)
- Magnet Schedule, First 20,000 fans (Monday, April 8 v. Colorado)
- Giants World Champions Umbrella, First 20,000 fans (Saturday, April 20 v. San Diego)
- Giants World Champions Charm Necklace, First 20,000 fans (Sunday, May 12 v. Atlanta)
- Giants World Champions Cap, First 20,000 fans (Saturday, May 25 v. Colorado)
- Drawstring Backpack, First 25,000 fans (Saturday, July 6 v. Los Angeles)
- Giants Trading Cards, First 20,000 fans (Sunday, July 7 v. Los Angeles)
- Virgin America 2-for-1 Flight Voucher, First 40,000 fans (Saturday, Aug. 10 v. Baltimore)
So there you have it ... the 2013 Giants promo schedule. We were hoping they would list another statue giveaway ... it should be Juan's turn on getting one of those. Anyways, if they're any items that seem of interest to you ... get your tickets ASAP. If 2011 was any indication, tickets will be hard to come by so don't wait to get your tickets!!