- Time, time, time ... build in extra travel time to your schedule. We cannot stress this enough. In 2010, approximately 1 million fans lined the parade route, so get up early and arrive to the city as soon as possible.
- Weather ... this time around it's going to be a bit chilly, so dress accordingly.
- Shoes ... this sounds like a no-brainer, but please wear comfortable WALKING shoes, you will be on your feet all day. If you have a pair of running/walking shoes, wear those!
- Pack a bag ... it's going to be difficult to navigate getting from one place to another once the parade starts. So bring a backpack that includes some drinks and snacks. Every Walgreens is going to be packed ... so don't rely on getting in and out of there in a few minutes.
- If you live really far away ... we would even suggest getting a hotel room in the city for tonight. Sounds crazy, but it's totally worth it ... it will save you a lot of time and headaches.
- Festive ... it's a time to celebrate, so bring a good attitude and a lot of patience, the city is going to be packed for everyone.
- Have fun ... we hope there are more championships parades in our future, but enjoy this one!
Courtesy of the San Francisco Chronicle