San Francisco will be the nexus of the "perfect storm" of sporting events, concerts, and other annual events this weekend as the Giants march towards the 2012 postseason.
As the number 3 seed, the San Francisco Giants will host the Cincinnati Reds for games 1 and 2 of the non-wild card National League Divisional Series, this weekiend on October 6-7. On the surface of things, that sounds great, two games over a weekend ... there is one problem, err, several other problems. It's also the same weekend of the following other events and activities scheduled in or around the city:
- AC World Series Regatta (Oct. 2-7) SF Bay
- Fleet Week (Oct. 4-8) SF Bay
- Hardly Strictly Bluegrass (Oct. 5-7) at Golden Gate Park
- Arizona v. Stanford football (Oct. 6 at noon) at Stanford Stadium
- UCLA v. Cal football (Oct. 6 at 7 p.m.) at Memorial Stadium
- Justin Bieber concert (Oct. 6 at 7 p.m.) at Oracle Arena
- Madonna concert (Oct. 6 at 8 p.m.) at HP Pavilion
- Bills v. 49ers (Oct. 7 at 1:15 p.m.) at Candlestick Park
- Castro Street Fair (Oct. 7) at Castro District
- Italian Heritage Parade (Oct. 7) Fisherman's Wharf to North Beach
- Madonna concert (Oct. 7 at 8 p.m.) at HP Pavilion
Sooo, if you have tickets to the Divisional Series ... plan ahead, allow for extra time for travel. We encourage everyone to use BART, SF Muni, and other means of public transportation. It's gonna be a crazy weekend, so save yourself a headache and leave early! GO GIANTS!